The 19th Agricultural Technical Cooperation Working Group Annual Meeting in 2015 proposed the initiative of "Interconnection, Cooperation and Development". It is pivotal for APEC members to break the barriers of agricultural science data sharing to achieve this goal. This project aims to:-
1) enhance mutual understanding on the status of agricultural science data sharing in APEC members;
2) share experiences or lessons on science and technology resources sharing; and
3) discuss on the foundations and technology frameworks of agricultural data sharing in APEC regions.
A two-day symposium will be held in Beijing, China, on December 7-8, 2017. The symposium consists of keynote speeches, presentations, and discussions. Topics of the symposium include:-
1) Technologies of data curation and data sharing, data management policy, data publication, etc;
2) Best practices in agricultural data sharing (ICPSR, GoDAN, AgriData, etc.);
3) Successful experiences or lessons learned on agricultural science resources sharing or data sharing; and
4) Initiatives on agricultural data sharing platform for APEC regions and related mechanism and technology frameworks.