Under the Renewed APEC Agenda for Structural Reform (RAASR), endorsed by Leaders in Manila in 2015, economies were instructed develop Individual Action Plans (IAPs) setting forth their structural reform priorities objectives and policies through to 2020. Economies were strongly encouraged to include quantitative and qualitative indicators in their action plans to monitor and evaluate progress in implement structural reform.
Australia will host a workshop in Singapore from 31 May – 2 June to assist economies develop their IAPs in line with the objectives and instructions outlined in RAASR. The key objectives of the workshop are to:
· increase participants’ awareness and understanding of the latest, innovative policy approaches to structural reform;
· assist participants to identify and implement reform priorities;
· enhance capacity to qualitatively and quantitatively assess reform progress;
· encourage economies to nominate reform actions under all pillars and across all sectors, particularly services, to ensure IAPs are suitably comprehensive and ambitious; and
· identify areas for capacity building and closer collaboration with other APEC fora.
Economies are invited to nominate up to three participants to attend the workshop by Tuesday, 19 April. For further information on the workshop, please refer to the workshop invitation and participant selection criteria and registration form.
Please direct any queries to Ms Rose Hunter (Rose.Hunter@dfat.gov.au
) and Ms Emma Cooney (Emma.Cooney@dfat.gov.au