This Project is directly related with APEC Self-Regulation in Advertising (2012), APEC Action Agenda on Advertising Standards and Practice Development and its 2015 into 2016 Work Plan.
1) This project will organize a two days workshop in Lima, Peru, in which economies will exchange good practices and experience regarding advertising self-regulation; in order to identify, evaluate, apply and improve best practices in the region. The main objectives of this seminar are: Exchange experiences and share views and information on advertising self-regulation APEC Economies.
2) Presentation of the results of the following studies:
a) Cost-Effectiveness of Advertising Standards in Peru and other economies; that will be include a development of a set of guiding principles and a regulatory commercial advertising checklist (legislation and self-regulation codes) in Peru and other economies; and
b) Identification of Barriers to SME utilization of advertising standards; in particular on sales promotion regulation in Peru and other economies.
3) Exchange experiences and build capacity regarding how advertising may be applied to new and developing issues in advertising such as those related to digital advertising, food and non-alcoholic beverage advertising to children, and banking for consumers.
4) Exchange of successful experiences between SRO and government cooperation.
5) Identify critical factors for an efficient regulation of commercial advertising that promotes trade, investment and the effective protection of the consumers.